Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Oh the Lord is good to me

Well, I am back on Canadian soil and it feels good. We had an amazing adventure and have so many memories and stories. And already looking back the thing that sticks out the most is seeing God’s hand in our trip every day! Every day we can see something that we thought “Wow, God is good and is really taking care of us!” We had a theme song for our trip. Some may remember it as a camp song but we changed a line in it to fit our trip. We sang this often as we didn’t book any hotels before we left and sometimes had to call a few places before we found something and they always turned out amazing in these situations. So our song was…..Oh the

Lord is good to me, and so I thank the Lord
For giving me the things I need,
The Sun, the Rain and A PLACE TO SLEEP
The Lord is good to me 3 amigas AMEN!

His blessings were abundant from places to sleep to local people helping us with directions, to really short line ups getting into Vatican City. There was a German man that didn’t speak a word of English but was determined to help us get around a highway closure (and he did) and Charlotte that drove with us for 20 minutes to get us on the right track, and a Mother and daughter that let us follow them to our hostel. Driving into Salzburg we got turned around with some of the one way streets and were driving down a “mostly pedestrian” road….. if there wasn’t another car coming behind me I would have said it was ONLY pedestrians. I was driving and there was too many people walking in front of me…. Out of frustration I turned down the next road I could and stopped so we could look at a map to get our bearings… as Rita pulled out the map I looked up and saw the sign “Institute St. Sebastian” the place we were staying that night, I had stopped right in front of the door, you couldn’t get closer without driving through it. These kinds of things happened over and over again, things that are too much to be a coincident… and I don’t believe in coincident. God’s hand was upon us and kept us safe, and helped us to have fun through it all. Not only were we seeing some of the most beautiful parts of the world that He created for each of us to enjoy but we saw His hand guiding us daily too.
Our last night of travel was spent on the island of Capri off the coast of Naples and it was amazing! We treated ourselves to a nice hotel to relax before coming home. To our wonderful surprise we were upgraded to a Junior suite and had our own private terrace, a HUGE soaker tub and the most fantastic shower I’ve ever seen (three shower heads!). We spent an hour on the beach and swimming in the Mediterranean Sea, I couldn’t believe I was actually there! The water was so clear, it was about 10 feet deep and you could see right down to the bottom. The rest of the afternoon/evening was spent on our terrace. As we were sitting on our terrace watching the sun set over the beautiful blue Mediterranean (life is rough), I said “the only thing that would make this perfect would be fireworks.” Well at 6am all three of us woke up and to our amazement there was a thunderstorm. It had past over us already so we sat on our terrace and watched God’s fireworks light up the sky with fork lightening. It was beautiful and amazing. What a way to end a trip. God’s blessing upon blessing. He is good to us always, you don’t have to look to hard to see his blessings each and every day even in a day at work. The first day back at work was fun, my eyes were heavy but so many people stopped to welcome us back and ask questions about the trip. And Holly made the day perfect by buying me a Dr. Pepper! I don’t know how I survived three weeks without it! Well thank you to everyone for following along with our adventures, and a special thank you to everyone praying for us, God is always faithful, He kept us safe and gave us just an amazing experience. He answered your prayers. Thank you! This isn’t the very end of this blog site…. Just the end of this adventure…. Hopefully I’ll be disciplined enough to keep this up to date with life. Have a great day and thanks for coming along to Europe with us.

No comments: