Saturday, June 14, 2008

A quick update

Hey Everyone,

I really don't have tons to update on right now... but thought I'd let everyone know I'm still breathing :) haha

We have had a busy few days since the team left, just tons of meetings. All of them have been very good!!! We got Josefina in as the chaplain to the U17 Selection team that will be heading to the U17 World Cup in New Zealand. And we had a meeting with the head of the Olympic Committee here and it looks like Avelino will be the chaplain for all the Olympic athletes.

Some fun stuff...... we had an evening off and it is incredible how cheap things can be here.... we got a large pizza from Pizza Hut, three movie tickets, Popcorn, M&M's and a bottle of water all for under $20!!!! It's insane!

Tonight we are going to Josefina's niece's wedding. It's a formal occasion and doesn't even start till 9pm!!! It'll be a late night.

Tomorrow night will be one of the biggest highlights of the trip (fun wise). Lindsay and I have been given free VIP tickets to the Brazil/Paraguay game!!! The city is already going crazy with Paraguay parafanalia... I'll have to find a jersey by game time to wear. It's going to be insane! But so much fun. If you happen to be watching it look for me in the crowd hahaha. VIP section you never know...hahaha.

I'll update after the game, I'm sure I'll have quite the stories. :)

No comments: